Typical mainstream media representative Cenk Uygur stepped in a pile of his own feces yesterday when he tweeted, evidently in response to the acquittal of George Zimmermanwho evidently will not be truly not guilty until 2016the following:
Ok, I give in. NRA wins. Let's arm all the blacks in the country. Only way they can feel safe. I assume right-wing agrees. #NoJustice
— Cenk Uygur (@cenkuygur) July 14, 2013
What a totally ignorant comment to make, and it reveals a contemptible undercurrent of racism common to a lot of immigrants. Let us review:
- Blacks do have the right to bear arms.
- The Right most definitely wants black Americans armed, as well as as Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Jewish Americans, and yes, even Turkish Americans. This is indeed why the Second Amendment is in the Constitution.
- Clearly Uygur has spoken to one or two people on the Right in his life. But probably not three. Not understanding the above point betrays how little he understands about the Right and gun ownership.
- If Uygur knew anything about American history beyond what he invents in his own books, he would immediately recall that it was the Left who made it illegal to arm blacks in this country. While it is historical shorthand to attribute these laws to the Reconstructionist South after the Civil War, the reality is that a majority of laws prohibiting firearm ownership happened in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries and the rise of the Left. The most notable example was no-less-than Florida, 1893, when Florida Supreme Court Justice Rivers Buford admitted this.
- Racial gun laws were enacted to suppress blacks from gaining social, economic, and political power; effectively, blacks were denied firearm ownership to keep them subservient.
- Uygur should also know that the NRA, whose members are better students of history than most media talking heads, was instrumental in overturning these racial gun laws and has been a strong promoter of arming all citizens regardless of color.
- Current gun control efforts of any type, Uygur must know, have never originated from the Right. So he is woefully or deliberately ignorant of his history.
- Uygur proposes that blacks are not or should not be armed to protect themselves. This appears in the third sentence of his tweet.
- Uygur further implies that armed blacks would be scary, as shown in the last sentence of his tweet.
We can then conclude that Uygur believes armed blacks are a scary thought. Why?
Probably because he shares the mentality of the people who chose to suppress black firearm ownership a century ago: ivy-clad Uygur prefers to see blacks suppressed socially, economically, and politically. Hence, his racism betrays itself with simple syllogisms.
One more thought: Uygur seems to suggest that Trayvon Martin would be alive had he been armed. Perhaps, but had Martin been armed he would have been in violation of the law since he was an unaccompanied minor. Thats a minor error on Uygurs part because we presume Uygur has little understanding of how concealed carry works; we can forgive that because Uygur presumably has no interest in concealed carry for his own. However, we mention it in passing because he would be better served not confusing witty tweets with gleeful ignorance.
Божію Поспѣшествующею Милостію Мы, Дима Грозный Императоръ и Самодержецъ Всероссiйскiй, цѣсарь Московскiй. The Czar was born in the steppes of Russia in 1267, and was cheated out of total control of all Russia upon the death of Boris Mikhailovich, who replaced Alexander Yaroslav Nevsky in 1263. However, in 1283, our Czar was passed over due to a clerical error and the rule of all Russia went to his second cousin Daniil (Даниил Александрович), whom Czar still resents. As a half-hearted apology, the Czar was awarded control over Muscovy, inconveniently located 5,000 miles away just outside Chicago. He now spends his time seething about this and writing about other stuff that bothers him.