For those of you not following us on Twitter (@Gormogons if that’s not obvious), ‘Puter is sick (again)…man-sick…by which I mean, he is home sitting on the couch, complaining that he’s going to die, while watching TV and tweeting. Dying. Right.
Anyway, he cooked up, what I would assume is, some pretty good chicken soup. Coincidentally, GorT had Thai Red Curry on the menu for Mrs. GorT and I tonight and while eating it I thought, “man, this would fix ‘Puter up really quick”. A number of followers asked for the recipe – it’s pretty easy.
Thai Red Curry
- 1½ cups jasmine rice*
- 1 tbl canola oil
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbl Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbl freshly grated ginger
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk (recommend not using “lite”)
- 1 broccoli crown, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 zucchini, ¼ in slices then quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbl chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbl freshly squeezed lime juice
- (optional) Huy Fong Sambal oelik chili paste
- Cook rice (see first note below)
- Heat canola oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken, shallots to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in Thai red curry paste and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk. Optionally, add 1-3 tsp of the sambal oelek chili paste to add spice – you can also add more Thai Chili paste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Add vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, pepper, etc.) and simmer in pot until just tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in green onions, cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve over rice.
* I would make coconut rice to enhance the flavor – replace ½ the water the rice recipe calls for with coconut milk. You may need to extend the cooking time slightly.
GorT is an eight-foot-tall robot from the 51ˢᵗ Century who routinely time-travels to steal expensive technology from the future and return it to the past for retroinvention. The profits from this pay all the Gormogons’ bills, including subsidizing this website. Some of the products he has introduced from the future include oven mitts, the Guinness widget, Oxy-Clean, and Dr. Pepper. Due to his immense cybernetic brain, GorT is able to produce a post in 0.023 seconds and research it in even less time. Only ’Puter spends less time on research. GorT speaks entirely in zeros and ones, but occasionally throws in a ڭ to annoy the Volgi. He is a massive proponent of science, technology, and energy development, and enjoys nothing more than taking the Czar’s more interesting scientific theories, going into the past, publishing them as his own, and then returning to take credit for them. He is the only Gormogon who is capable of doing math. Possessed of incredible strength, he understands the awesome responsibility that follows and only uses it to hurt people.