Based on recent tweets, some of our Twitter followers are interested in some more Gormogon recipes. These are more specific than the ubiquitous green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, etc. Although, I’m sure my fellow Gormogons have their own opinions on those.
I’ll start with a request:
Caramelized Pearl Onions
- In large bowl, place pearl onions and cover with hot water (not boiling); set aside 5 minutes to soften onion skins. Peel onions, leaving a little of root end attached to help onions hold their shape.
- In nonstick large skillet, combine onions, sugar, margarine, salt, pepper, thyme (if using), and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 10 to 15 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates and onions are very tender. Uncover and cook 5 to 10 minutes longer or until onions turn dark brown, stirring frequently – Keep your eye on them. Spoon onions into serving bowl
2 10oz packages frozen chopped spinach
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup vegetable liquor (the liquid reserved from cooking the spinach)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
6 oz jalapeño jack cheese, cubed
Ground Red pepper to taste
(optional: ground white pepper to add spice)
- Cook spinach according to directions on package. Drain and reserve liquor.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add flour, stirring until blended and smooth, but not brown. Add onion, and cook until soft but not brown.
- Add milk slowly, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook until smooth and thick; continue stirring. Add seasonings and cheese, which has been cut into small pieces. Stir until melted. If thick, add reserved liquid
- Combine with cooked spinach. This may be served immediately or put into a casserole and topped with buttered breadcrumbs. The flavor is improved if the latter is done and kept in the refrigerator overnight. This may also be frozen.
GorT is an eight-foot-tall robot from the 51ˢᵗ Century who routinely time-travels to steal expensive technology from the future and return it to the past for retroinvention. The profits from this pay all the Gormogons’ bills, including subsidizing this website. Some of the products he has introduced from the future include oven mitts, the Guinness widget, Oxy-Clean, and Dr. Pepper. Due to his immense cybernetic brain, GorT is able to produce a post in 0.023 seconds and research it in even less time. Only ’Puter spends less time on research. GorT speaks entirely in zeros and ones, but occasionally throws in a ڭ to annoy the Volgi. He is a massive proponent of science, technology, and energy development, and enjoys nothing more than taking the Czar’s more interesting scientific theories, going into the past, publishing them as his own, and then returning to take credit for them. He is the only Gormogon who is capable of doing math. Possessed of incredible strength, he understands the awesome responsibility that follows and only uses it to hurt people.