‘Puter on Planned Parenthood: A Study In Hubris (Theirs) And Schadenfreude (His)
Our readers surely have seen or read about Planned Parenthood’s current troubles. Enterprising pro-life activists went undercover and taped Planned Parenthood executives and employees discussing fetal organ sales and the abortion process in callous, inhuman terms.*
Planned Parenthood is now fighting for its life, and rightly so. Planned Parenthood’s assembly line, dehumanizing abortion mill procedures cannot withstand scrutiny. So long as Planned Parenthood publicly said the right things (e.g., “abortion should be safe, legal and rare,” “women’s health,” etc.), America was content to ignore Planned Parenthood’s charnel house ethics. But these tapes destroy the veil of willful ignorance Planned Parenthood depends upon for its survival.
If you can watch these videos without viscerally loathing Planned Parenthood’s ghoulish leaders, you’re a far better person than I. If you can watch these videos and still unquestioningly support Planned Parenthood’s abortion operations, you’re morally damaged.
Leaving the grotesquerie aside for a moment, ‘Puter finds Planned Parenthood’s response to the growing existential scandal revealing. Planned Parenthood is unable to admit error of any sort, whether of judgment or of word choice or of acts. Planned Parenthood is to abortion as George Wallace was to segregation: “Abortion now, abortion tomorrow, and abortion forever!”
‘Puter would have advised Planned Parenthood to apologize, to admit its error, to punish/fire those involved and to welcome an independent investigation. “We understand abortion is a necessary evil, and it is incumbent upon us to treat all fetal remains with the respect and dignity human remains deserve. Our tone and methods were inappropriate. We remain strongly committed to a woman’s right to safe, legal, and hopefully rare, abortions. Our actions have damaged public support for this right, and we know it. We will work hard to regain America’s trust.” It’s not hard, even if ‘Puter disagrees.
Rather than take ‘Puter’s rational, contrite approach to the crisis, Planned Parenthood went with the approved liberal extremist response: “STFU, WIMMIN HATURZ!!1!! ITZ. TEH. LAW. SUCK IT, RETHUGLIKKKANZ!!1!”
When that didn’t work, Planned Parenthood tried the following:
- Shoot the messenger. How many times have we heard about “anti-choice extremists” who filmed the Planned Parenthood executives? Planned Parenthood has yet to deny
- Claim the videos were deceptively edited. The “anti-choice extremists” released the entire unedited footage within minutes of their release of the edited portions. The video is all there for America to watch and decide for ourselves, if we can stomach it.
- Call in favors with media to bury the story. ‘Puter watched CBS News last night, and there was no mention of the Planned Parenthood scandal. There was, however, extended coverage of Donald Trump. Media is terrified to honestly cover the scandal because they may lose access to powerful liberal friends and employers. Basically, media’s bending over for liberals and thanking them for the butt rape, just as media has for six years and counting of the Obama presidency.
- Call in favors with Democrats to downplay the story. So far, this isn’t going too well, as even Hillary Clinton has referred to the videos as “disturbing.” When a screamingly liberal Democratic woman running for president calls an abortion provider’s actions disturbing, that provider’s in real trouble.
- Pretend the scandal is about abortion. ‘Puter’s heard precious few use these videos as an argument to ban all abortions. The discussion is, and should be, about whether or not Planned Parenthood broke federal laws on procurement and sale of fetal organs. Planned Parenthood doctors and executives are heard about altering abortion procedures in manners inconsistent with best practices in order to protect the fetus’ organs. Planned Parenthood executives also frankly discuss profit motive in fetal organ sales. Both, if proven, violate federal law.
- Pretend Republicans want to destroy “women’s reproductive health.” The bill to defund Planned Parenthood submitted by Senate Republicans calls for the same funding to go to women’s health, just not to Planned Parenthood. This is smart. Republicans can now say this isn’t about preventing women’s access to health care. This is about punishing an unethical medical services provider for breaking the public trust, its ethical code and perhaps the law.
- Ignore it. “Those tapes? Oh, they’re nothing. It’s totally normal. Nothing to see here. Move along. Hey, did we mention this is a Republican vendetta? Let’s do lunch later, Andrea Mitchell.”
So far, none of Planned Parenthood’s usual tactics have solved the problem, and there’s still ten or so videos to come, if the “anti-choice activists” are to be believed. This steady drip-drip-drip of videos over time will enter the public’s consciousness and pierce media’s protective cone of silence.
Planned Parenthood is on the ropes, and it’s on the ropes because of its own barbarism and hubris. Americans think little for people who blithely discuss crushing fetuses in such a manner that their organs may be sold intact and for a profit over a light lunch of fava bean salad and a nice chianti.
Americans may support abortion generally, but Planned Parenthood knows that if it can’t kill off these videos – and soon – abortion on demand without limits will soon be a thing of the past.
And it can’t happen too soon.
* This is something a functioning media would have and should have done long ago. However, today our media is composed of “journalists,” not reporters. Journalists spent over $100,000 attending liberal dominated journalism schools which elevate narrative over truth. Reporters were people with critical minds, sharp BS detectors, decent writing skills and a drive to uncover truth. Guess which group ‘Puter respects?
Always right, unless he isn’t, the infallible Ghettoputer F. X. Gormogons claims to be an in-law of the Volgi, although no one really believes this.
’Puter carefully follows economic and financial trends, legal affairs, and serves as the Gormogons’ financial and legal advisor. He successfully defended us against a lawsuit from a liquor distributor worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid deliveries of bootleg shandies.
The Geep has an IQ so high it is untestable and attempts to measure it have resulted in dangerously unstable results as well as injuries to researchers. Coincidentally, he publishes intelligence tests as a side gig.
His sarcasm is so highly developed it borders on the psychic, and he is often able to insult a person even before meeting them. ’Puter enjoys hunting small game with 000 slugs and punt guns, correcting homilies in real time at Mass, and undermining unions. ’Puter likes to wear a hockey mask and carry an axe into public campgrounds, where he bursts into people’s tents and screams. As you might expect, he has been shot several times but remains completely undeterred.
He assures us that his obsessive fawning over news stories involving women teachers sleeping with young students is not Freudian in any way, although he admits something similar once happened to him. Uniquely, ’Puter is unable to speak, read, or write Russian, but he is able to sing it fluently.
Geep joined the order in the mid-1980s. He arrived at the Castle door with dozens of steamer trunks and an inarticulate hissing creature of astonishingly low intelligence he calls “Sleestak.” Ghettoputer appears to make his wishes known to Sleestak, although no one is sure whether this is the result of complex sign language, expert body posture reading, or simply beating Sleestak with a rubber mallet.
‘Puter suggests the Czar suck it.