1. Congress is beginning to review the cap and trade legislation promoted earlier this year.
2. Critics are pretty well convinced the legislation would deeply hurt the US economy, and punish the consumer with higher taxes based on poorly understood analyses of data…in which the data themselves are now being investigated.
3. At the same time, the Copenhagen conference begins, and America is urged to join up on sweeping environmental reforms that will effectively hand out money (in the form of success penalties) to poorer countries who are themselves guilty of horrific pollution.
4. A quadruple event! A poll comes out that says Americans are losing interest in global warming, climate change, AGW, and the related buzzwords. So much so, that Copenhagen (in classic liberal fashion) is screaming that the time to act is now, and how you can you, with all your billions, forsake us?
5. Meanwhile, conservativism in America is on the obvious upswing, and the Democrats, leftists, liberals, and progressives are seeing their brief moment in the sun begin to shade.
Wham! The famous snows of Kilimanjaro are melting! In fact, if we do not act immediately, they will be gone by 2030! The whole world is dissolving! You should have listened to us!
The Czar will predict that this will make the news, be the subject of much discussion, and then slip into eerie silence after a couple of years… like the melting of the North Polar cap (didnt happen), the eradication of Antarcticas ice shelf (it grew back), and the obvious extinction of the polar bears (who are doing fine and wonder why no one writes).
In other words, in less than two years, the OMG snows are melting off Kilimanjaro !!!! stories would quietly vanish, and evidence that they are all right and fine would be ignored.
The news is not reporting that there is ample reason to doubt the original messenger: James Hansen, one of the original founders of global warming theory. However, he is already being suspected of doctoring evidence to make it appear as if this is a recent event. Evidently, melting of the snows has been occuring since 1870, not 1970.
Further proof that the melting of Kilimanjaro is a liberal stunt tied to the collapse of cap and trade and Copenhagen?
Any of the news agencies crowing about the melting of Kilimanjaro should have spent a few seconds looking into it. The melting of Kilimanjaro was debunked in 2003. A thorough review of the evidence concluded that systematic deforestation of the areas around the mountain, in response to a rapid need for farmland and lumber, has allowed the soil to endure greater insolation. This increases the amount of solar radiation causing warmer temperatures across a wide area (equivalent to the thermal islands found near cities). The Czar assures you that while this sounds complex, it is a very simple concept and jives perfectly with basic meteorological theory.
The Czar does not dispute that the snows are recedingthe Czar merely concludes that promotion of this as a recent sign of global warming is not only explained by simpler means, but it isnt even recentthere is some evidence to support that the snow cap has been measurably receding for almost 150 years, as farmland encroached into the area.
Rather, it is the timing of a re-released debunked story that proves only the Gormogons can pull off a competent conspiracy these days. You should see what Puter is up to in Yemen. Itll be a good one…in about 15 years. Stay tuned.
Божію Поспѣшествующею Милостію Мы, Дима Грозный Императоръ и Самодержецъ Всероссiйскiй, цѣсарь Московскiй. The Czar was born in the steppes of Russia in 1267, and was cheated out of total control of all Russia upon the death of Boris Mikhailovich, who replaced Alexander Yaroslav Nevsky in 1263. However, in 1283, our Czar was passed over due to a clerical error and the rule of all Russia went to his second cousin Daniil (Даниил Александрович), whom Czar still resents. As a half-hearted apology, the Czar was awarded control over Muscovy, inconveniently located 5,000 miles away just outside Chicago. He now spends his time seething about this and writing about other stuff that bothers him.