Who Are These Clowns? (UPDATED)
GorT has used one of his 14 OLED displays to stream the CSPAN coverage of the House Oversight Committee’s proceedings this morning into this afternoon. Yes, there is plenty of partisan rhetoric being spewed by members of both sides but when boiled down the picture isn’t pretty.
1. What is the Attorney General, Eric Holder, withholding from the investigation and why is he withholding it?
2. What is an “evolving truth” and why should Congress and the American public wait for its evolution. Is not the truth, the truth?
3. If you think for a minute that Issa and the other GOP members are being political, then look at what the DoJ has released: many of the documents WIDERECEIVER program have been shared but very little of the Fast & Furious program. Isn’t that odd?
4. Why would a president invoke Executive Privilege – something he, himself, campaigned that should be used in extremely rare cases – to block certain documents and materials? Does it not beg the question as to what the President is protecting?
5. How can one characterize Eric Holder, the DoJ and now potentially the President of being cooperative if, after eight months of subpoena requests, the committee is left with less than 10% of the DoJ-assessed amount of information relevant to Fast & Furious and facing a potential block by presidential executive privilege.
Regardless of what happened, how it happened, who knew and why the did or didn’t act in certain courses of action, the standard meme of this administration is shining through: either they are incredibly incompetent (i.e. didn’t know, didn’t care enough to find out, etc.) or incredibly arrogant of the law. In either case, doesn’t this speak volumes as to why they should NOT be in office?
I’m sure starting now and evolving over the next few days, we will get the spin of these proceedings. I’m sure those on the left will try to dodge, dip, dive, duck and dodge their way away from these basic questions and hide behind the “it’s not reform” and “we do have documents”. But the facts and the perception created by Holder and President Obama’s invocation of executive privilege, will hopefully shine through.
This doesn’t paint a convincing picture that the AG’s investigation into classified material leaks will fare any better. Update: After posting this, I came across this post over at National Review Online – it raises a great point and uses one of my favorite historical references.
GorT is an eight-foot-tall robot from the 51ˢᵗ Century who routinely time-travels to steal expensive technology from the future and return it to the past for retroinvention. The profits from this pay all the Gormogons’ bills, including subsidizing this website. Some of the products he has introduced from the future include oven mitts, the Guinness widget, Oxy-Clean, and Dr. Pepper. Due to his immense cybernetic brain, GorT is able to produce a post in 0.023 seconds and research it in even less time. Only ’Puter spends less time on research. GorT speaks entirely in zeros and ones, but occasionally throws in a ڭ to annoy the Volgi. He is a massive proponent of science, technology, and energy development, and enjoys nothing more than taking the Czar’s more interesting scientific theories, going into the past, publishing them as his own, and then returning to take credit for them. He is the only Gormogon who is capable of doing math. Possessed of incredible strength, he understands the awesome responsibility that follows and only uses it to hurt people.