With increasing probability, the Obama administration may be regarded by historians as one of the most scandal-plagued since Hardings administration.
Bush? Well, the Left still harangues him on the WMD fiasco, even though nearly everyone thought they existeduntil we went in there and couldnt find them. Like thats a bad thing. But the Left changed course and decided to blame the President for scaring them. Really, it was like a kid who gets mad because you told a really good ghost story.
Nixons scandal was particularly bad, but outside of that and some requests to bring the FBI down on political opponents, he was pretty tidy in his scandals. Ditto for Bill Clinton, who had the Whitewater affair, as well as numerous other affairs that distracted us for a bit. All in all, not too bad.
But historians are about to document a rash of Obama scandals, any one of which could tarnish a presidency:
- Fast and Furious is by far the most sickening, and if you are not aware of this onedespite the best work of the media censorsthen you arent looking.
- Solyndra, and subsequent taxpayer-funded giveaways to companies with weak business plans, have literally wasted over a billion dollars and counting. All because the President wanted to prove a political point with environmentalists.
- The way ObamaCare was incorrectly rammed through Congress. Thats a whole book right there for someone to write.
- Van Jones, and the other dangerous Leftist radicals, who not only had the Presidents ear but actually had unelected government positions of great influence.
- Pigford, which now appears to have been a reparations stunt from the beginning.
- The Black Panthers fiasco, and related incidents in which Attorney General Holder refused to prosecute any largely black organization, even when they were handing him evidence.
Sure, here are numerous other things that deserved to be investigated, but every presidency is asked What did he know and when did he know it? We, however, are more interested in things that show a clear abuse of power.
Historians have their work cut out for them; normally, there would be tons of news stories for them to sift through, but as you know, there arent. Maybe a question needs to be asked about that by history.