Apparently, the President is keeping in campaign mode and taking to social media this afternoon at 2pm ET to answer questions about “extending the middle class tax cuts”. The White House will be using the #My2K hashtag which the Atlantic described as follows:
[the hashtag] that conservatives have already seized upon in a back-and-forth battle for messaging
and they opined:
Trying to mobilize your supporters through social media is all well and good, but the problem with any genuinely open town hall, is that anyone can invite themselves—even those who disagree with you and might be louder than your friends. (Plus, any reasonably popular hashtag moves much to fast for anyone to follow it or have an actual conversation on Twitter anyway.)
I’d encourage conservatives to ask away. Let me offer some genuine questions:
- How come serious entitlement reform isn’t on the table when over 70% of the FY13 federal revenue is locked up with these mandatory federal spending programs?
- How exactly are you “reaching across the aisle” and working with both parties to come to a serious solution?
- Why are democrats now in favor of tax cuts like these, even if only for those earning under $250,000 or $1 million, when they vehemently opposed them in 2001 and 2003 and to some degree in 2010?
- How do you reconcile the dividend tax rising to as much as 43.4% with not hurting the middle class when dividend-paying companies are popular in 401k, pension, and other retirement and personal investment accounts for middle class families?
- Why do I hear Talking Heads’ “Burning Down the House” during this twitter-event?
Seriously. Join and ask.
GorT is an eight-foot-tall robot from the 51ˢᵗ Century who routinely time-travels to steal expensive technology from the future and return it to the past for retroinvention. The profits from this pay all the Gormogons’ bills, including subsidizing this website. Some of the products he has introduced from the future include oven mitts, the Guinness widget, Oxy-Clean, and Dr. Pepper. Due to his immense cybernetic brain, GorT is able to produce a post in 0.023 seconds and research it in even less time. Only ’Puter spends less time on research. GorT speaks entirely in zeros and ones, but occasionally throws in a ڭ to annoy the Volgi. He is a massive proponent of science, technology, and energy development, and enjoys nothing more than taking the Czar’s more interesting scientific theories, going into the past, publishing them as his own, and then returning to take credit for them. He is the only Gormogon who is capable of doing math. Possessed of incredible strength, he understands the awesome responsibility that follows and only uses it to hurt people.