Day 22,453 of Occupy the Westmoreland Avenue DMV continues. A spokesperson said We are the 99% of people who wait here, hour after hour, hoping either our name or number will be called.
Asked about their demands, they said:
- A driving examiner who isnt snide, but is instead relaxing and encouraging.
- Eye tests that are neither blurry from other peoples eye goo nor rushed through.
- A photographer who gives you more than a nanosecond to ready yourself for the shot.
- Clear and coherent paperwork, so that you can actually have what you need before you even arrive.
- And end to the greed of the bankers who refuse to work for free.
They added they intend to occupy the DMV waiting area every day they are open until their demands are met. Or their name or number called.
Then theyre on their way.
Божію Поспѣшествующею Милостію Мы, Дима Грозный Императоръ и Самодержецъ Всероссiйскiй, цѣсарь Московскiй. The Czar was born in the steppes of Russia in 1267, and was cheated out of total control of all Russia upon the death of Boris Mikhailovich, who replaced Alexander Yaroslav Nevsky in 1263. However, in 1283, our Czar was passed over due to a clerical error and the rule of all Russia went to his second cousin Daniil (Даниил Александрович), whom Czar still resents. As a half-hearted apology, the Czar was awarded control over Muscovy, inconveniently located 5,000 miles away just outside Chicago. He now spends his time seething about this and writing about other stuff that bothers him.