The increasingly shabby New York Times, in an effort to show the world it can reduce news stories ad absurdum like Time or Newsweek, has prepared a pretty good proof that their junior editors can be just as shoddy as anyone else.
Case in point, a little piece called The Things They Said, which manages to find a waywith an upset election only about a week awayto link all five columns to conservative stupidity! Of course, this is not done without unintended irony.
- On the Juan Williams embarrassment, the NYT said Like most news organizations, NPR expects its journalists to keep personal opinion out of their reporting. Instead, the NYT recommends you merely used blatant bias slanting in your topic selection like they do.
- A quick recap of Mrs. Thomas demand for Ms. Hill to apologize for her false charge of sexual harrassment against Justice Thomas. But in case you miss the point, they title this column About an Old Battle. You know, in case you thought this was important in any way.
- The NAACP calls Tea Party members racists again. The NYT mentions that that Tea Party members deny this, but does not bother to mention that the charges were thoroughly debunked several times by independent review. Because that would be telling.
- Crazy Sharron Angle! She cant tell the difference between Latinos and Asians! Hah! Also, she has an ad that shows several dark-skinned people climbing fences. Boy, is she racist. Shame there was no space to comment on Harry Reids claim that he saved the world from a depression, which has further dropped him in the polls, or on the other fifteen dumbass comments he made in the last seven days.
- Stupid Christine ODonnell! She thinks the First Amendment does not provide for separation of church and state! Hah! Boy, these conservatives are fools. Waitthe First Amendment doesnt establish a separation of church and state? Well, she must be wrong for something else, then. Maybe…well…she doesnt know that the First Amendment does not provide for separation of church and state. There. Much better.
When do they get around to that All the News bullcrap, instead of this drivel?
Божію Поспѣшествующею Милостію Мы, Дима Грозный Императоръ и Самодержецъ Всероссiйскiй, цѣсарь Московскiй. The Czar was born in the steppes of Russia in 1267, and was cheated out of total control of all Russia upon the death of Boris Mikhailovich, who replaced Alexander Yaroslav Nevsky in 1263. However, in 1283, our Czar was passed over due to a clerical error and the rule of all Russia went to his second cousin Daniil (Даниил Александрович), whom Czar still resents. As a half-hearted apology, the Czar was awarded control over Muscovy, inconveniently located 5,000 miles away just outside Chicago. He now spends his time seething about this and writing about other stuff that bothers him.