So when the majority party (Democrats) in Congress fail to execute one of their core duties through their cowardly non-vote approval of a budget what do you do? Well, the Republican Study Committee (RSC) decided to work up one of their own. Guess what? The RSC’s budget gets us back to a balanced budget by 2019. (Click on the picture to enlarge and see the difference, note: the graph is showing debt vs. time and the RSC’s is in blue). They released this budget with an overview that outlines several principles:
While I don’t agree with some of this (I think we need to consider cuts to the entitlement programs such as Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid), they do apply some good principles. If you’ve got time, read the paper. It is well done and professional. If not, here are a few key proposals:
- This proposal would prohibit federal employees from using official time to collectively bargain on behalf of a union, which would save an estimated $250 million annually. Currently proposed legislation H.R. 3251 (Gingrey, R-GA)
- This proposal would eliminate all taxpayer money dedicated to Planned Parenthood, at an annual savings of $305.3 million.
- This proposal would repeal the Davis-Bacon Act which, according to one analysis, would save $11.4 billion in FY 2010 alone. Current proposed legislation H.R. 2900 (Mack, R-FL, King, R-IA)
- This proposal would prevent automatic pay increases for Members in the current Congress and thus comport with the 27th Amendment of the Constitution.
- This proposal would reduce Congressional staff by 10%, which by one estimate would save $1.7 billion over ten years
- This proposal would align federal pensions to the five-year average, saving taxpayers $4.4 billion over ten years
This, and variants of it, should be plastered and broadcast all over the place as we near November.
GorT is an eight-foot-tall robot from the 51ˢᵗ Century who routinely time-travels to steal expensive technology from the future and return it to the past for retroinvention. The profits from this pay all the Gormogons’ bills, including subsidizing this website. Some of the products he has introduced from the future include oven mitts, the Guinness widget, Oxy-Clean, and Dr. Pepper. Due to his immense cybernetic brain, GorT is able to produce a post in 0.023 seconds and research it in even less time. Only ’Puter spends less time on research. GorT speaks entirely in zeros and ones, but occasionally throws in a ڭ to annoy the Volgi. He is a massive proponent of science, technology, and energy development, and enjoys nothing more than taking the Czar’s more interesting scientific theories, going into the past, publishing them as his own, and then returning to take credit for them. He is the only Gormogon who is capable of doing math. Possessed of incredible strength, he understands the awesome responsibility that follows and only uses it to hurt people.