Okay, the Czar is willing to compromise on an assault weapons ban. He recommends Congress quickly pass the following restrictions through:
The following weapons (assault weapons) shall be banned from sale effective the date of passage:
- Weapons with a detachable box magazine consisting of 40 or more bullets (excluding drums)
- Rifles or other long guns with permanently affixed bayonets
- All weapons, regardless of size, that feature continuous fire upon a single pull of the trigger to the point that the magazine is completely expended even if the trigger is released.
- Any weapon featuring only iron sights that can accurately fire into a target one mile away in high wind.
- Weapons exceeding .59-inches in caliber.
- Recoilless rifles.
- Semi-automatic bolt action rifles with multiple barrels.
That seems reasonable, and will certainly seem like a great idea to the media.