The Czar cannot stress this enough: the Republicans have a major opportunity to make Democrats look like idiots. And the time has come for that to happen, too.
Right now, most of the major US media outlets are telling the same story: Republicans have offered a major solution to the fiscal cliff.
You got em, GOP: you finally have the medias attention, and they are placing you into a decent light. Go for it. Get out there and tell America the truth: the Republicans have put together a bipartisan plan that extends tax cuts for all Americans, while reducing spending to sufficient levels to prevent not just the fiscal cliff, but launch some serious spending reforms.
Then go further:
- Explain that you expect Barack Obama to reject it out of hand, even though the bipartisan aspect came from his own commissions recommendations.
- Explain that rejecting it will likely result in a new recession, including a large spike in unemployment.
- Add that Barack Obama understands that will happen.
- Mention, too, that he doesnt care; in fact, he wants this to happen.
- Explain that Obama wants this to happen because, as he revealed to some reporters earlier, he wants to blame Republicans for the disaster.
- Add that Barack Obama alone needs to accept responsibility for this economy now.
- Be sure to mention that Congressincluding many, many Democrats and not just Republicanswill not be responsible for what happens if the President does not do the proper thing here.
- Repeat that the proposal is bipartisan, fair, and balanced. But the President refuses to consider it because he doesnt care about Americans; he merely wants to puff his chest and look like a tough guy.
Too harsh? Hardly. Because if you do not capitalize on the momentum you have right now, the Presidents perpetual campaign team is going to use this to win more elections for Democrats. They have to: they have no choice. Probably one of those lost elections will be yours.
It is time to be the Smarter Party. And realize that you are under attack. And you have just been given a prime opportunity to return fire.
Do it, Republicans. Do it now.