Let us put some pieces together.
1. Donald Trump, suddenly advocating a lot of Tea Party things, jumps up in GOP polling to where he is right with Mitt Romney.
2. He then begins putting out a lot of stereotypical comments, such as the birth certificate nonsense.
3. Many conservatives point out that Trump has a strong liberal past until quite recently. And virtually no conservative past, at that.
4. Jesse Jackson, Jr., among other prominent liberals, suddenly wonder what has become of him. He was always such a good guy and donor to their causes.
5. Trump announces that if he is defeated in a primary, he will run as an independent.
6. Indepedents invariably lose the election for the party they were previously associated with.
Is there the slightest possibility that Trump has not changed, and he is a Democratic plant designed to prevent a GOP victory? As the Czar’s poor, blighted mother said this morning… “He’s got all the hubris such a candidate would need.”