- Empire State Building: 410 days.
- Rockefeller Center (14 buildings): nine years—of which Radio City Music Hall was done in the first two years and 30 Rock in three.
- Golden Gate Bridge: four years.
- Hoover Dam: five years.
- North American P-51 Mustang fighter: 119 days.
- The Pentagon: two years.
- Manhattan Project: three years.
- Gateway Arch: two years.
- Apollo Program: eight years.
Or is the answer to explicitly clear out the political/bureaucratic obstacles in the way of ambitious projects, or some other Classical-Liberal solution? Inquiring minds want to know.